Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

MAKE YOURSELF SMILE:)

HAPPINESS

side note- like half way through this my "o" "l" &  "." keys just stopped working?? so I literally had to copy paste them every time I needed one... which made this take soooo much longer than it should have. so please feel bad for me. thx.

Okay. so. its been a little while... but I told you this wouldn't go smoothly!! I've just been at a bit of a loss for what to write about.. yes part two of my California trip is coming but just wasn't feeling it. I want to write about things I really care about, because it's so obvious when I don't feel like writing something (aka every school paper I've ever done). After hours of pondering, I finally decided that I just want to talk about things that make me HAPPY.

I know what you're thinking. "You thought for hours and that's the best you could come up with?" But hear me out, I think I might have a few things to make you smile.

This "happiness" idea came to me after I did a dreadful thing. I WENT TO SCHOOL ORIENTATION. I know, I know, we don't want to talk about school, but it is happening. and I think I've finally accepted it.

As I was dreading school, I realized something. Everyone has to go to school. Is it fun? no. But it's going to happen, so I think we might as well make the best of it. STOP LAUGHING I KNOW I COMPLAIN MORE THAN ANYONE.  but I'm trying to change my negative mentality. And I've found a few things that make me smile when I'm feeling upset. 

My normal approach to making myself smile is scrolling through pinterest and finding cute little quotes that make me smile. Simple yet effective. 
For example:












Save them and make an album of quotes on your phone, or find your own and write them down in your notebooks- whatever reminds you to smile during the day!

While pinterest-ing is definitely up there, the one thing that I know will always affect my mood is MUSIC.

My dad has always talked to me about how music can make you happy with just the touch of a button, and I seriously can't even tell you how right he is. Music can change everything.. its crazy!!

a few of my current favs have been-

  • The Pressure- Jess and Gabriel (watch them on youtube, it will change your life)
  • any song Shawn Mendes has ever done (like this and lights on are personal favorites)
  • song like you- Bea Miller (love love love her, I met her once and she's the sweetest)
  • Young Dumb & Broke- Khalid (basic I know, but I still like it)
  • Yellow- Coldplay (forever and ever a favorite)
  • yea, babe, no way- LANY

They're kind of random but those have been making me smile lately.

And this is sort of personal but here's a playlist of songs that of gotten me through some really rough days.. and my worship playlist if you guys turn to God as well:)

pack your headphones and jam to these in the hallways, I do it all the time. like... every day.

Another major thing that helps me when I'm feeling down is finding something to look forward to. Whether its a concert in a few months or a funny Friends episode you're planning on watching after school, finding something to be excited about will always put you in better mood.

Make plans to get coffee with friends, or watch movies with your family. Anything that you can look forward to when you're having a bad day. Getting excited about little things makes me soooo much of a happier person.

Keep your favorite gum with you and chew it between classes, make your wallpaper a cute puppy or a really good picture of Harry Styles (my personal preference). Literally anything that makes you smile to yourself during the day is so important!! ITS THE LITTLE THINGS.

I hope something in here helped at least one of you!! I'm definitely still learning how to stay positive, but this is just what I've noticed makes me smile:) I LOVE YOU ALL!!


thank you so much for reading!!
maybe one day I'll write the rest of my cali post...
GOOD LUCK AT SCHOOL LOVLIES
xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment